If you haven’t Zoomed yet, you are rare! More and more meetings, events, workshops, and groups are meeting remotely using Zoom.
Sit back, and get comfy with Zoom
Let’s dive into the back end of Zoom and learn about how to set up an account, what level of account to purchase, and what are the best settings for your meetings and events. We’ll discuss meeting best practices, like Zoom etiquette, how to keep people engaged with polls, and what makes a good Zoom experience for everyone, including the host. This lecture is aimed at artists who may be interested in teaching/lecturing via Zoom in the future, or for those who just want to learn more about how Zoom works.
What you will learn:
- Getting started, setting up your Zoom account
- Meeting basics: how to participate at your comfort level
- What are all those icons, and what do they do?
- How to use the chat function
- Explore settings for privacy and convenience
- Scheduling a meeting
- The value of requiring meeting registration
- Starting and hosting a meeting
- Polling, and how polls keep your audience engaged
- Zoom etiquette: how to be both a good participant, and a good leader
- Screen sharing vs. live video
- Using multiple cameras
- Using Breakout Rooms effectively
- Branding for your Zoom communications
- Giving guidance to others on Zoom
This lecture ties in well to the workshop, “Branding for Artists Deep Dive” for more hands-on artist brand development… coming soon!
Available via Zoom!
This live stream lecture is available to book using Zoom technology. I would be happy to arrange this presentation for your guild or artists’ group, please contact me for details. I also will give this lecture in person, when we are allowed to meet again.
Contact David to book this lecture for your guild.