You see so many artists and creative people posting their work and sharing photos on a regular basis. But how do you get started, and what are the best practices for Instagram?
Break through to Instagram
In this talk I will share how to set up an account, create links to your website and Facebook page, understand and use hashtags effectively, and explore how to create a consistent and creative presence. We’ll talk about how to interact in a way that gets your posts seen by the right people, and learn how to take simply good photos. #youcandothis
What you will learn:
- Getting started, setting up your Instagram account
- Business vs. personal accounts
- Writing your bio: short and sweet!
- Link to your Facebook page
- Use tagging to get people’s attention
- Set up linktr.ee to allow multiple web links from your bio
- How to use hashtags to reach people who don’t know you
- Instagram messaging
- Posting with purpose
- Instagram Stories, and why you should use them
- Interacting effectively with others to build your audience
- When to follow, and when not to
- Cultivating relevant followers
- Navigating multiple accounts
- Taking great photos, and fixing not-so-great ones
- Being consistent, and staying visible
This lecture ties in well to the workshop, “Branding for Artists Deep Dive” for more hands-on artist brand development… coming soon!
Available via Zoom!
This live stream lecture is available to book using Zoom technology. I would be happy to arrange this presentation for your guild or artists’ group, please contact me for details. I also will give this lecture in person, when we are allowed to meet again.
Contact David to book this lecture for your guild.